Re: Children's magic

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:45:05 +1100

Andrew:

In Glorantha some of these
> should work.
>
> Could the adults really forbid these and make it stick?

This is similar to the way I play it. IMG Children are as full of the life-wind of the Sacred Order (Just what do we call POW these days? :) )as anyone else. They don't have the focus, discipline or ritual experience of the Other Side to learn controlled magic, but the raw power is in them, and might sometimes manifest in uncontrolled ways. In fact I play this for most ages: uncontrolled emotion or great passion can cause poltergheisty spell-type manifestations. An screaming child might thunder shout or disrupt you. Grieving warriors might magically smash vases by the power of their emotion, a really sensuous dancer might charm or infatuate those close by, even if they're *not* watching.

All very RQ I know, and definitely more in the background with HW.

John

nysalor_at_...                   John Hughes

"There was a point to this story, but it has  temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind." - Douglas Adams, 'Mostly Harmless'.