Re: Children's magic

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:33:30 -0000

> Playing with Angels and Demions can be fun too :)
> No if you are born with a soul I don't think the sprits
> would come out to play. But this could be the time when
> people find out who is going to be a Animist and who is a
> Theist by what minor sprits or damions are attracted to whom.

Well, before Initiation, no-one is a true Theist. And ANYONE can contact some sorts of Animistic being - like nymphs, you just walk up & say 'hello'. Children do not have the same 'aura' of theism & gods as Initiated adults, so I see no reason why spirits should avoid them in the same way. To the good, they are innocents, without bias against the natural spirits of the land, a part of nature themselves. To the bad, they are defenceless...

Wulf