Re: Be gentle, he was once a friend

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:55:14 -0800

> The once revered RQ beast is already dead, there's no need to keep
> throwing rocks at the poor thing's corpse.

Well, I chose RQ because it was a harder target to hit then xD&D x ed. :-)

I agree, there was no reason that a GM could not have long-running, interesting campaigns that had real goals at the end ("We must drive the lunars from our land"), but that style of play wasn't really supported by the material until the RQ Renaissance under Ken Rolston.

RQ was a friend, and a d***ned good one, and my reason for "throwing stones" was not to bury him, but to compare and contrast with HW.

RR