Re: The World Is Made of Everything

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:03:14 -0600

Greg Stafford says:

>I hope this snippet of essay will help.

>The World Is Made of Everything

        Great title....

        So I had it backwards; Dragon Pass is not full of (mostly) daimons and Prax full of (mostly) spirits because the areas have been occupied, respectively, (mostly) by theists and animists but theists and animists are found there because that's the sort of power available? This would go, I suppose, a long way toward explaining the failures of the theists to conquer Prax and the inability of the West to conquer Genertela despite an apparent technological advantage. The conquered territories don't really support the conqueror's magic, so political/military control is hard to maintain. The Carmanians, by adapting themselves magically to the land, made a much better and longer-lasting show of it. Right?

Peter Larsen