Re: Plastic othersides

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:28:01 -0800

At 09:47 PM 2/21/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>After the Dragonkill, when humankind was barred from Dragon Pass, I
>had the impression that it pretty much reverted to an animist
>landscape

I think your error is there.
Dragon Pass is one of the great crossroads of Glorantha, and it is made up of many kinds of highly charged Otherworld chunks that enliven its landscape. Kero Fin is a Goddess, Six Sisters are Spirits; River is a God(dess), Creek is a Spirit, and so on and so on.
I do not think it would "revert," but remain as it always has been.

>until the Heortlings and Tarshites re-colonised it in the
>1300's. Sartar is at least an Orlanthi "all" theistic in the early
>1600's and appears to have been theistic before the Dragonkill but
>was animistic in-between.

The humans are predominantly theists, yes. The practices of the residents do not change the natural world about them.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>