Re: Re: Plastic othersides

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:17:49 +1300

Charles Corrigan wrote:

>Me> Dragon magic, I think, manifests itself in the forms of normal
> > HW magics in the mundane world rather than a distinct fifth magic.

>The writeups in Anaxial's indicate that, while Dragon magics may use
>the same rules mechanisms as the other systems, the magic is not the
>same and that a skill/feat/spirit/spell of, say, Resist Pagan God
>does not work against Dragon magic operating as an Affinity or Feat.
>This indicates to me that it is a completely different kind of magic.

It is a different type of magic. I'm just arguing against it being distinct in the way that animism is distinct from theism and sorcery.

For example a scout dragonewt's magic is stated to appear as an affinity etc. and that outsiders mistake this for actual use of such magics rather than dragon magic. I assume this means that a scout's feat can be affected by Resist Pagan God. As a dragonewt progresses, he becomes more adept in draconic mysteries and his arts lose this flaw.

--Peter Metcalfe