Re: Clan description

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:12:49 -0500

> > Here's my real problem. Which people would stay with their family,
> > and which group together?
>
> I think the weaponthanes would have a hall
> > together.
>
> Yes, by the chief's hall. People tend to play weaponthanes as two main

Thunderbrother's Barracks...

> Would
> > nobles move closer to the chief?
>
> The idea of the founder's stead with hearths for each bloodline would
> cover
> this. Nobles could stay there as necessary, as well as attending to
> their
> home stead. Ditto the chief.

This is also held up at the Tribal and Confederation level by having a house for your clan at the Tribal Centre (the Cyrling Drop In Help Centre) and possibly a building in the nearby town. Control of the "Townhouse" figures prominently in the early Gwandor stories. =)

> Campaign variation. Mostly apart (TR 118), though they'd be no
> problems with
> them staying in the weaponthane's hall.

Many would be in the Thunderbrother's Barracks, but I can see them lving in a separate stead too.

> Within the stead, but with their own lodge apart from the circle of
> kin.
> Possibly beyond the palisades. Sometimes the only solution to Uroxi is
> lock the gate. :)

And throw women, beer and things that break with a satisfying crash over the wall to them.

Jeff