Re: How big is a Tula

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:44:26 -0000

jarec wrote:
> In Thunder Rebels it says that a Tula covers an area of 15 by 25
> miles. This seems a little big to me given the geography of the
> region and tha fact that members of the clan are supposed to know
>the Tula intimately.

Well for comparison the average number of hides given on the clan generator is 240.

My maths might be wrong here but..

1 hide = 120 acres = 0.4858 kmsq
240 hides productive land is 116.60 kmsq = approx 11 * 11 km - which accroding to the clan generator includes hunting land.

Now a Km is 5/8 of a mile so rounding a lot lets say 6.5 miles * 6.5 miles. Somebody once figured this as about the size of a DP hex.

Of course that is not allowing you any waste/room for expansion/buffer zone etc.

Ian