Re: Tech Level

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:52:17 EST

Mikko Korhonen:

<< Just wondering: What is the overall technical level of the civilised Gloranthan nations? Basically, do they use oil lamps, paper, parchment, bound books. My guess is that it depends on the wealth of the person in subject, but i'd like to know how others have played and described these kind of things. They add nice flavour ... >>

      It depends on the civilisation, too. In the case of the Malkioni I'd say they definitely have the oil lamps, parchment and bound books, and some of them might have paper (though that's more a Kralori thing, IMO). In GURPS terms, the Malkioni are about TL3, IMO, if that's any help. Even then they're better at some stuff and worse at others; the Loskalmi for instance, have TL4 architecture, even ignoring the professional architect-wizards and their nifty grimoires (G:IHW p71).

      I'll leave it to others to describe those funny pagan chaps out east :-)

Trotsky