Re: Plenty of reasons; Vori[a/of]

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:04:41 -0800

Jeff

>RQ, in and of itself, doesn't really enshrine any particular reason to go
>adventuring. HW, I find, does have this built into the rules with
>relationships and herobands.

Taken a little more broadly, the default RQ adventure was to enter the Big Rubble and do dangerous things in search of treasure. (The default Shadowrun adventure is similar, only replace Big Rubble with Corporation. The default D&D adventure is similar, only replace Big Rubble with Local Dungeon.)

I'm not sure that Hero Wars has a default adventure.

Wulf

> > I presume they can get Voria/Voriof magic for being initiates
> > (i.e., children).
>
>But they are allowed no magic at all, making Voria and Voriof very
>strange deities, never worshipped actively by their own 'flock'.

I think these deities now have somewhat expanded roles. It may also help to think of Voria as the protector (in a sense) of young girls (even if her main ability might be to call her sister for help).

Also, you would probably let kids play at sacrificing to them. If you found your kids sacrificing a rabbit to Voriof, you wouldn't get too upset. They won't inadvertently call down bad juju, like they might by sacrificing to Humakt (or botching a sacrifice to Uralda).

David Dunham dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein