Re: Black Horse Troop

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:23:48 -0500

Gareth Martin wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I have a question about Sir Ethilrist and his Black Horse Troop. I
> don't
> think I have yet seen a map including the Black Horse County (as it
> was in
> DP) - should it not be in the Ormsgone area, west of the Bush Range?
>
> Ethilrist is said to have been granted this patch of DP by one of the
> Lunar
> Emperors - anyone know when this occurred?
> Where does Ethilrist derive the title "count"? Malkioni connection?

He's very, very old... And he was from the West originally, by way of the Underworld. The County is where it always was

And who knows? Maybe the Emperor called it a county -- or (and more likely) Ethilrist is egotistical enough to call himself that. He certainly has the clout to call himself whatever he wants and probably make it stick. He's certainly a Malkioni -- from a now destroyed and discreditied Church - St Atrox (IIRC?)

Whatever else he is, he's bad news.

Jeff