Re: New Map of Empire

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:08:20 -0500

> From: "Craig" <yausujun_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Re: New Map of Empire .... WOW

<map announcement deleted>

> I wanna join the Lunars. They are just so big. I had never realized it until
> now. My barbarian ways are wrong, where do I enlist ?

This was the reaction of my players to a slightly earlier (playtest) version of the Peloria map. They gathered around my (lame) printout and stared in wonder. It caused the players to gape at the size and scope of the Lunar Empire, and for the first time really begin to appreciate the diversity of the place. It was a great experience!

This ties into an older argument, also - "Is Dragon Pass the only place folks really want to play?" The more great stuff like this that comes out, the more playable other places become. "If you build it, they will come." :) Because of this, the Issaries publishing schedule make sense to me. Start with Dragon Pass, then add the Lunar Empire, and then the West. Each region opens new vistas of role-playing possibilities without breaking completely with the previously published stuff. Players keep asking "But what happens beyond *that* border?" Pretty cool.

A final question: How are folks printing this map? I tried printing an 17"x22" version at the local print shop, and the result was pretty poor. My office color laser printer did *much* better, but only prints 8.5"x11". <sigh> How long before Issaries publishes the gazetteer? :)

~Kevin