RE: Black Horse Troop

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:35:02 +1300

At 16:16 26/02/01 +0000, you wrote:

>I have a question about Sir Ethilrist and his Black Horse Troop. I don't
>think I have yet seen a map including the Black Horse County (as it was in
>DP) - should it not be in the Ormsgone area, west of the Bush Range?

No. The Red Dragon lives in Ormsgone vale, along with several savage Orlanthi clans. Black Horse County is to the south.

>Ethilrist is said to have been granted this patch of DP by one of the Lunar
>Emperors - anyone know when this occurred?

The details of Sir Ethilrist's History is given in the Hero Wars Rulebook p94. He received the land grant in 1527 after having saved the Empire at the Nights of Horrors and twenty years of loyal service (at least as loyal as the CharUn were), and expanded it to its current boundaries (at the expense of the grazers) by 1545.

--Peter Metcalfe