Re: Oil lamps

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 01:22:52 -0000

Well, Greek Fire is a BIT more complex than that, if archeology is to be believed. But hey, sulphur and the like are common -- and of course, there is a healthy alchemical tradition amongst the sages of Esrolia....

...but I'd say that they are capable of it but I don't know how useful they are. Traditionally, that sort of thing was reserved for sieges and sea battles. The Esrolians are not that warlike. I suspect that the God Forgot types might know. And certainly its a possiblity in the West or East?

> Back in the days of Different Worlds there was an article (I think
the
> write-up of the Caladra cult?) which said that burning rock-oil and
coal
> was seen as sacrilegious by the elves. Should that apply now?

Haven't any idea. Don't know if rock oil or the like exist now, or how much of a hoot the Esrolians and the West/Lunars/East would give for Aldryami sensiblities.

Jeff