Re: Longhouses

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 02:40:52 EST

Jeff the Canuck:

<< > >An excellent source material. I would point out that the snows are deep
> >in Sartar, probably deeper than in, say, England or continental europe.
>
> A sore point, as I sit snowbound in central Scotland, with 5' drifts
> outside, and the main Edinburgh-Glasgow motorway closed...

 I, as a Canadian, have little sympathy for you thin-skinned Scots. =) >>

      OTOH, Sartar is quite a way south - indeed only 300 miles from regions of semitropical forest. True, its at a high altitude, but Scotland (or perhaps Switzerland/Austria) doesn't seem a bad model to me. You want Canadian weather, you go to Fronela or Pent :-)

Trotsky