Re: head takers

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:10:28 -0000

Gareth asked:

Jeff wrote:

> ...But currently, I don't think that the more organized places
> like Sartar or Heortland or Tarsh practice that sort of custom

We do know there's a unit of "Headhunters" in Argrath's Sartarite Free Army, from the counter mix in the wargame "Dragon Pass" (the oldest published Gloranthan source).

I understand (from chats to Greg, etc.) that this is an unusual practice. It isn't related to the chaotic Thanatar cult's sick perversion of the honourable and ancient custom of head-hunting.

> I did like Nick's "Fox King" story a lot -- it talkes about
> Headhunting in a rather amusing way.

Why, thanks. The URL is:

http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Folktale/foxking.htm

One of the footnotes talks briefly about what's acceptable and what's not, by way of head-hunting, skull-mounting, corpse-desecrating and the like.

Cheers, Nick