Re: Cannibalism (yum yum)

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:40:20 +0100

Il giorno 28-02-2001 16:17, Wulf Corbett, wulfc_at_... ha scritto:

> Anyone else thought about this, or know of more examples from
> Glorantha?

    In my RQ campaign a High Khan of the Bull gifted a Storm Khan PC with a part of the bull spirit by giving him to eat the corresponding part of his body (his heart IIRC, which had actually become more like a bull's) in a ritual (full of blood and healing magic).

    Btw since an animist can integrate a spirit in someone's body, I wonder if eating that body you transfer the spirit to yourself (or something like that). After all if the spirit is embodied within your arm and I eat that arm, then the arm is embodied within me (sort of). So maybe your devout theist heortling might not do it, but there is always that strange kolati somewhere around those hills where nobody goes. And for a reason I'd say.

    This is getting morbid... ;-)

--
Regards,
Alexandre.