Re: Re: Eat your enemies in secret (Sin Eaterscontinued...)

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:40:29 -0800 (PST)

I thought that the custom was to put food on the body of the deceased, which symbolized their sins, and the sin-eater ate the food, not the corpse.

Guy

Guy Hoyle
Webmaster, http://uncommoncon.com, http://www.hawkwood.org "Science deals [with nature], the only reality of which we have any certain knowledge. . . . Those fundamentalist[s] . . . who speak contemptuously of science . . . reveal an astonishing insensitivity to the very world they tell us God created. Granting, then, our prior assumption of a Creator, anyone who criticizes real science is in a direct sense criticizing God." - Steve Allen

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/