Re: Re: Glowdown

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 02:59:40 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 Nick_at_... wrote:

> Mikko writes:
>
> (Thanks for the kind words about the site, BTW!)
>
> > One quibble, though. Isn't lunar magic at halfmoon strength inside
> > the glowline, as it is on full half and empty half days outside it?
>
> Check the date on my web page: this was written before Hero Wars was
> published. I still find it silly that the Lunars cripple their magic
> within the Glowline. This is not what we encountered in WB&RM/DP or
> in RuneQuest. It is not what I would use as a HW narrator.

Cripple?? I'll take reliable magic over the fluctuation, thank you. It makes more sense too. Where would all that extra power come from? Balancing the lows with the highs make sense. In a way I think the Lunars are breaking their own rules with the whole glowline business, not following the natural cycle, and all. Propably one of those military necessities like the Bat.

> For further discussion, take this thread to hw-rules (where you won't
> find me joining in!).

Hmm... ok. Though I think that was all I wanted to say. And I think it's more of a Glorantha issue, than a rulesy one. Parhaps one for the GD though.

        -Adept