Another Rebel Song

From: Martin Dick <martin.dick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:30:26 +1100

Hi,

here's a song written by Hugh McVicker,
the tune is Advance Australia Fair, but
these words are considerably more evocative in my opinion. They also seem to have some actual power :-) as at GloranthaCon DownUnder in 98 during Home of the Bold, a group of us Orlanthi sang it to disrupt a Lunar Ceremony that was taking place outside and as we were being ushered away by the Lunar guards, a hailstorm broke from the sky sending the lunars running!

All of this in the middle of summer, unusual even for Melbourne.

Advance Sartar Free
Lyrics by Hugh McVicker
Sung to the tune of Advance Australia Fair

Sartarites All, Let us rejoice
For we shall all be free
With mountain high and storm-filled sky
All proudly Orlanthi

Ernalda gave this land to us
and our land it shall be
With sword and spell and honest blood
All Sartar shall be free

In Orlanth's Hall, they'll hear the call All Sartar will be free!