Re: "Wrong" subcults and aspects

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 18:03:51 -0000

Yes.
> > aspect may not have them. bad juju!
>
> Right - how common, and how important are these situations? Normally
> people want a person with strong magics to conduct the rites, so
probably
> in these situations they'll have to do with the second-best...

It depends on your narrator -- if they are doing heroquests and rituals that REQUIRE certain affintities, then you could be in big trouble. I suppose that, for example, an Orlanthcarl Thunderous could try to go on the Northfaring, but since that's a Dayleneus (sp!!!) heroquest, he won't have the very, very necessary Fight Elements and will probably die horribly under the attack of Trolls/Dara Happans/Water Tribe etc.

> > You usually worship the Aspect on the big Holy Days listed.
Subcults may
> > have their own days/ceremonies aside from those.
>
> OK, so it's still the aspect that's more important than the subcult,
> considering rituals.

Yes. The aspect is the way you choose to worship/see/serve the Great God. The subcult just provides further definition, which is why they are rather flexible.

Jeff