Re: "Wrong" subcults and aspects

From: Markus Battarbee <battery_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:44:38 +0200

Jeff Kyer wrote:
> > Right - how common, and how important are these situations? Normally
> > people want a person with strong magics to conduct the rites, so
> > probably in these situations they'll have to do with the second-best...
> It depends on your narrator -- if they are doing heroquests and
> rituals that REQUIRE certain affintities, then you could be in big
> trouble. I suppose that, for example, an Orlanthcarl Thunderous could
> try to go on the Northfaring, but since that's a Dayleneus (sp!!!)
> heroquest, he won't have the very, very necessary Fight Elements and
> will probably die horribly under the attack of Trolls/Dara
> Happans/Water Tribe etc.

Right - most of the time bearable, but potentially disasterous. I suppose approaching it from the narrative point of view is best here - to make it problematic when it fits in with the storyline. Should've thought of that rule before. Kind of a HW rule #1!

> > OK, so it's still the aspect that's more important than the subcult,
> > considering rituals.
> Yes. The aspect is the way you choose to worship/see/serve the Great
> God. The subcult just provides further definition, which is why they
> are rather flexible.

Check. This is good - with all the talk of worshipping for example Destor adventurous, I was really getting nervous of whether it'll really feel like worshipping Orlanth.

-B