[Fwd: Re: Fwd: Prefered HW distributors?]

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 08:46:28 -0500

Hi Jeff,

> I am wondering if I can get someone at Issaries to
> comment on the distributors they most frequently use.

Please let him know that this is not a question that Issaries can answer,
as we do not sell our own books. Wizards Attic does all of the sales for us; he should check out their web site and email them.

> The reason I ask is that we are now a week into
> March, and my local hobby store (Raleigh, NC, USA)
> still doesn't have Thunder Rebels in stock!
> <grumble> I ordered it on the first of February
> (along with about six other people), but according
> to my hobby shop the distributor (Diamond?) just
> got their copies in last week.

That would be because they only ordered them recently -- all pre-orders were shipped out by February 2nd, and would have been received by distributors no later than the 12th or so. Diamond apparently did not order any copies in January, and waited until it was actually in the warehouse to order it. Nothing we can do about that -- all sales are distributor-driven, in that they have to order them from Wizard's Attic.

Kevin can always order the book direct from Wizard's Attic, but most hobby shops, AFAIK, deal with a single distributor most of the time. And that is probably a geographic thing more than a choice thing. The retail store could always try to order directly from WA, I suppose, although I do not think Eric does much direct sales to stores because of shipping charges and the like.

Steve

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.