Re: A different multiple subcults question

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:33:37 -0500

Julian Lord wrote:

> I have a question about clans and subcults.
>
> Are the many O&E subcults described in TR worshipped universally, or
> does each
> clan have its own list of subcults that it worships?

I think the list is pretty universal but most clans will have a subset that they encourage.

> if there's an official method for doing so. But maybe the Heortlings
> simply
> access these mysteries as individuals within the wider O&E cults?

My own take it is that each clan has a half dozen (or so) subcults that are the Orlanthi Norm. Often an aspect is more often worshipped as well.

So, the Cyrlings are very strong Hedkoranthi and Helamakt but don't have that many Destor types. They do have a large Orlanth Herder shrine as well (though Voriof is still popular) But then, since they actually have a Heler shrine, they're probably pretty odd.

The women find Nelvana Sheepmother to be popular as well, worshipping her through both Ernalda and Heler. But more on that later!

...all clans are 'pretty odd' compared to all the others. =)

Jeff