Re: "loose feats;" specialty cults

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:30:11 -0800

Andy

> I may be reading too much into this, but on HW p. 181, a hero may learn
> magic from a subcult or hero cult without recording membership. This "not
> recording membership" implies no time commitment (and this implies not
> joining the subcult), since only the learned magic is recorded on the
> character sheet.

We do this in our games.

It probably represents befriending a subcult or hero cult, and perhaps temporarily joining or being invited into their rituals. It wouldn't gain you anything else associated with the subcult except the particular feat learned.

Julian

> Are the many O&E subcults described in TR worshipped universally,
> or does each
> clan have its own list of subcults that it worships?

Surely each clan has its own -- there are economies of scale (if only to have social groups of sufficient size).

Note the bit about specialty cults on p.216.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein