The Woad Our Fathers Wore

From: Thomas McVey <tmcvey_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:42:01 -0800

Again, twisting Orangeman songs to the Hero Wars:

(how's about a "Drumcree" type scenario, say set in a Tarsh city: Lunar fanatics want to march though an Orlanthi tula: Orlanthis threaten to fight. PCs are the Lunar authorities trying to get a compromise. Hee hee.)

                       THE WOAD MY FATHER WORE

Sure I'm from Sartar, Orlanth�s man, from Dragon Pass I came, To see my brave brethren all of honour and of fame, And to tell them of my forefathers who fought in days of yore, That I might have the right to wear, the woad my father wore!

chorus:

   Our woad brings strength and courage, and its colors they are fine    Shields us from the blows of our foes, as they flee from yours and mine.    Our fathers wore it in brave battle, in bygone days of yore    And in our fight for land, We�ll proudly wear the woad our fathers wore

For those brave men who fought the Lunes have not fought or died in vain Our Unity, Religion, Laws, and Freedom to maintain, If the call should come we'll follow the horns, and fight the fight once more That tomorrow's Sartarman may wear the woad our fathers wore!

And when some day, through the pass to Sartar�s land you come, We'll welcome you in Heort�s style, to the sound of flute and horn And Sartar's hills shall echo free, trod by foul Lunars no more, And we�ll sing again the proud refrain of the "Woad our fathers wore"!

Tom