Re: darktongue scrolls

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 01:14:45 -0000

Greg:
> it is actually a drum skin. It has little braille-like holes poke around
> its edge that give the beat and rhythm, and of course you can tell by
> holding it what kind of skin it and how thick it is which joints tell
> exactly what drum to use to get the right sound. Thus, you stretch the
> skin, play the song recorded there, and you experience the magic in the
> event.

Of course it is! How silly of me not to realise that at once. So to play/read the scroll, you need an expert drum-playing priestess, who uses it to immerse the listening trolls in an experience from the mythology of some Uz heroine or other. Well, I'm sure the PCs will sort that out in no time at all!

You know, those scrolls are really, really valuable. And White Eye can't possibly use them. I wonder where he got them from, where he came from, and how hard the original owners are trying to get them back? I smell a plot-hook!

Jane Williams jane_at_...
http://www.williams.nildram.co.uk/gloranth/index.shtml