Re: Glorantha: The Movie

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <janjero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:38:41 +0100

Besides, I think the most known fantasy movie flop is the adaption from the Rings book, and those are the best novels of last century literature (n my opinion)!
I tremble at the idea of such a backstabbing being perpetrated on Glorantha, not that it can't stand after it, but I doubt that anything good (no, even the guilders) could come from it.
I am still waiting for someone daring to draw and produce The Silmarillion. After that, I suppose King of Sartar the Movie could be proposed with any hope.
But I agree with John. Have you ever played at Baldur'Gate or Warcraft II? BTW, after 23 long days, I am still waiting for my copy of TR, KODP, AR etc. so, please, folk: don't make me suffer endlessly.

Ciao
Gian

> In the distant, nostalgic days of high RQ 2, there was a script produced
for
> 'Runequest: The Movie', of which several copies have been auctioned off at
> cons. Its best described as 'reflecting its day'. Though some of the
> characters were distinctly Glorathan - a dragonewt, an elfy-adryami lass-
> the background was fairly 'generic fantasy' (i.e. DnDish).
>
> This topic surfaces from time to time on the Gloranthan Digest. Consensus
> seems to be that it would best be done as a anime - think Princess
Monukume