RE: Why should barbarians get all the poetry....

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:44:20 -0000

This one could do with a conversion:

Roman Wall Blues
 Over the heather the wet wind blows,
 I've lice in my tunic and a cold in my nose.

 The rain comes pattering out of the sky,  I'm a Wall soldier, I don't know why.

 The mist creeps over the hard grey stone,  My girl's in Tungria; I sleep alone.

 Aulus goes hanging around her place,
 I don't like his manners, I don't like his face.

 Piso's a Christian, he worships a fish;  There'd be no kissing if he had his wish.

 She gave me a ring but I diced it away;  I want my girl and I want my pay.

 When I'm a veteran with only one eye
 I shall do nothing but look at the sky.