Hilltops Was: Praise and a few questions

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:50:51 -0500

bethexton_at_... wrote:

> > Hmm - surely the Lunars would be smart enough to recognise that
> worship
> > comes in m,any forms and by many methods?
>
> Sure, lots of them probably know that Orlanthi get together on hill
> tops and worship, but come on, how serious a threat can a bunch of
> ragged cow herders standing out in the rain be? Heck, they don't
> even have a proper priest, we got rid of most of them too. No doubt
> it will take a generation or two to convert them all to more
> civilized gods, but in the meantime if they want to go stand out in a
> cow pasture and dance and chant at least they aren't gathered inside
> and plotting any real trouble.....

This is a much more articulate answer trhan the one I posted. Thanks.

The Lunars are hunting down and dealing with holy men and priests based on the Outlawing of Orlanth's cult. Its not stupidity but it is a perception of an organized culture towards a less organized one. (Which is one reason why uprisings often caught the Romans off guard so readily)

I'm wondering if being a priest of Orlanth openly gives you the same life-expectancy as a drummer for Spinal Tap...!

And, to be honest, many of the Lunar Higher Command are really not _interested_ in the Barbarians. They are interested in Order and Tribute... and Taxfarming.

"Fear will keep the Tribes in line. Fear of us and this Reaching Moon Temple."

"Your Rebel friends are walking into a trap. They will find this Temple is fully operational.

Okay, I'm in a silly mood this morning.

> (Just my take on a common lunar attitude. As they say, a little
> knowledge can be a dangerous thing!)
>
> --Bryan

Jeff