Re: Glorantha: The Movie

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:09:08 -0000

Dang. My attempt to give Greg a laugh failed. Oh, well, in case the ending quote didn't give away my opinion, I think that anything that had to be done through Hollywood would become utter dreck. That's (IMHO) why the TSR/WotC people had their movie done the way they did. Setting it somewhere very new insulates all of the established and popular settings from negative backlash. And if it had worked, well, they would have had another setting to use...

In any case, my friend and I had great fun casting the Glorantha movie. And I had a nice moment contemplating the capital that would have flowed into Issaries' coffers, one way or another...

On an unrelated note, what's the status of the Griselda collection? Did it get produced? Is it available? I'm really out of the loop...

Roland