Re: Re: Why are Orlanth and Urox prohibited?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 14:37:19 -0500

Nick_at_... wrote:

> Jeff writes:
>
> > Basically, even if the Empire wanted peace, the Uroxi are
> > _compelled_ to attack various Lunar (NOT Dara Happan) func-
> > tionaries and worshippers.
>
> Given this, it's interesting that the cult of Storm Bull wasn't
> banned in Sartar until the eve of Starbrow's Rebellion, isn't it?
>
> Cheers, Nick

Possibly because Sartar was such a pressure cooker that there was no need for further provocation? And there's no Uroxi elsewhere in the Empire. Only in places like Talastar it seems. So, at some point since the Lunars assumed power, in the provinces, the Uroxi were forced out or destroyed as the Provinces were (are?) Orlanthi in culture.

I suspect that they are only tolerated around 'untamed' chaos sites.

I'd say that there's probably a fairly standard assimilation program that they've perfected over the centuries. Getting rid of the Uroxi is probably somewhere around step 8. =)

Jeff