Re: Re: Pelorian forests

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 16:39:11 -0500

Gianfranco Geroldi wrote:

> > > OK, but Aldryami are Solar cultist and Solars are an imperialistic
> > > bunch.
> >
> > Aldryami are NOT a part of the Solar culture. They are best
> described
> > as animist and they worship the sun the way a plant does. The
> aldryami
> > GROW. The Solars RULE. The two are similar but hardly identical.
>
> Yes, but they did found empires (house of Errinoru). BTW were these
> Aldryami
> empires political realities in human terms or in Aldryami terms (not
> that I
> have a slight idea of the difference, but maybe some of you have).

We don't know much about that Empire, really. And it seemed more like a merging of existing forests under a new form of tree-leader.

I think what would be termed an empire by humans would really not make sense to in Aldryami terms. And vice versa.

I think making such sweeping generalizations as 'they are solar-loving so they must all be imperialistic' is a bad idea.

> I thought so, before reading about the Krarshti Aldryami in Dorastor.
> OK,
> they were maybe more krarshti than Aldryami, but they were quick,
> violent,
> aggressive and blood-thirsted. I think that, being an Aldryam,i, I

And conducting a centuries long _environmental_ war with the Poisonthorn Elves.

Jeff