Re: Why are Orlanth and Urox prohibited?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:41:26 +1300

At 19:35 9/03/01 +0100, you wrote:

>More seriously, I've always had trouble understanding why the Lunar Empire
>would prohibit any storm cult (ie Orlanth and Urox).

I have a bit of a brain-fart here. Where is it said that Urox is banned? All that I can find in KoS is that Tonalong Greathelm was never seen again, all his followers were killed over the next year and his clan wiped out within seven years. But Orgwaha Blue Llama soon shows up with little or no problems from the Lunars.

>I know that Orlanth is
>the Ultimate Rebel for Yelmic Dara Happans but the Red Emperor is a bit
>*more* than just the 77th Emperor. After all, the LE is much more pragmatic
>if not downright tolerant than its solar predecessor and the Lunar religion
>is also syncretic and all-inclusive.

Orlanth however _rejects_ the Lunar inclusion. For this reason, his cult is an enemy of the Lunar Way.

--Peter Metcalfe