Re: Re: Why are Orlanth and Urox prohibited?

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:29:05 +1000

Nick:

> Given this, it's interesting that the cult of Storm Bull wasn't
> banned in Sartar until the eve of Starbrow's Rebellion, isn't it?

Ah, bureauocracy, sweet gift of Empire. :) Perhaps no one realised they were an organised cult - I for one can sympathise with that. Perhaps there was a Master Plan to ship 'em out to isolated steads round Ginijji, thus killing two beasts with one proclamation, a plan got somewhat waylaid at HQ until the end of the Gailombi Dart Wars in 1653 . Perhaps a proclamation *was* made, but the orders were waylaid in an Alda Churi house of ill worship, where they only surfaced (as party hats) during the victory celebrations after Sword Hill. Or perhaps they were banned on paper, but of course Uroxi can't read, and few individual squads felt compelled to convey this to them (the same situation facing Kalimantan police over the last few weeks as they looked on while Dayaks looted, murdered and took a few heads).

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_...                   John Hughes

The Battle of Koom Valley is the only one known to history where both sides ambushed each other.