Re: Re: Pelorian forests

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <janjero_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 21:39:06 +0100

> > Yes, but they did found empires (house of Errinoru). BTW were these
> > Aldryami
> > empires political realities in human terms or in Aldryami terms (not
> > that I
> > have a slight idea of the difference, but maybe some of you have).
>
> We don't know much about that Empire, really. And it seemed more like a
> merging of existing forests under a new form of tree-leader.
>
> I think what would be termed an empire by humans would really not make
> sense to in Aldryami terms. And vice versa.
>
> I think making such sweeping generalizations as 'they are solar-loving
> so they must all be imperialistic' is a bad idea.

Agree (thrice). But making sweeping generalizations is useful as a first layer approach. Then we can together delve and distinguish. That's the scope of the list, no? If I already know all the facts from the beginning, why asking you?
:-)

> > I thought so, before reading about the Krarshti Aldryami in Dorastor.
> > OK,
> > they were maybe more krarshti than Aldryami, but they were quick,
> > violent,
> > aggressive and blood-thirsted. I think that, being an Aldryam,i, I
>
> And conducting a centuries long _environmental_ war with the Poisonthorn
> Elves.

Correct. BTW I wrote krarshti, but they were Krialkji, of course.

I simply don't think that the fact that Aldryami are related to trees make them especially *patient*. Their ways are different from the human solars, but their expansionistic attitude is uncontestable, as a generality of their race.
Mostali are slower and Trolls are less-organized, compared to Aldryami IMO. Newts are... newts.
I don't think that calling Aldryami an "imperialistic"-elder race is uncorrect, in a broad and very relative meaning.

Ciao
Gian