Re: Lunar tactics

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:49:11 +0000

> From: "David Boatright" <david.boatright_at_...>
>
>To me actually killing the Tribal king isn't the point its to see if the
>guy caves to the threat. At the same time secretly grooming
>someone to take his place first would probably be a good idea. So
>threaten the Tribal king if he gives in its a win for the Empire. If
>dosn't win judge the chances of getting your guy in. If they are
>good then dupe someone else into killing the current king. If that
>does doesn't work move to plan C.

I probably picked up on just one aspect of your original post. I'm sure you are right about many of the subersive tactics they use. One caveat I would add, though, is that many Lunars stuck in Sartar probably just want an easy life. Maximum taxation with minimum effort. Also, the gus they put in place often turn out to have agendas of their own (just as in modern RW examples in South America, Middle East and so on).

Thom