Re: Venerate (saint)

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:14:55 +0000

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:56:27 -0600, Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...> wrote:

>>Without being a
>>member of this order, you can't have the blessings of the HMBHT, nor may you
>>learn the Control Steed secret (unless you go to Hell and learn it "the hard
>>way" like Sir E. did...)

> Am I understanding this correctly? A follower of Orlanth, for example,
>cannot benefit from a "Sharpen Sword" blessing (assuming he was profane
>enough to dabble in evil, souless magic)?

As I understand this filthy practice, a truly warped Orlanthi who wanted to could benefit from a Spell cast from a Grimoire, but a Blessing is cast on a congregation who must give extraordinary support to the Liturgist casting it. I'm not sure if Blessings can ONLY affect those giving extraordinary support, or, if so, the Orlanthi COULD give extraordinary support, but assuming either/or, he could benefit. The restriction is not, I believe, 'you can't have the blessing because it won't work', but rather 'you can't have the blessing because you are a foul unholy barbarian and I hate you'... Otherwise, curses become useless...

Wulf