Re: Venerate (saint ) and Chalana Arroy

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:50:38 -0000

> He'll need to be part of the "congregation" of the Liturgist to recieve it
> (yes, you can have a congregation of 1), which means that he has to
> participate in some sort of worship service. A warped orlanthi willing to
> ask for such a blessing would have a stain on his soul (basically, give him
> a nasty negative mod on his his feat/affinity rolls until he is ritually
> cleansed). He'll probably have a vists from Manmolanings, and a truely nasty
> narrator will charge him double HP for Affinity raises until cleansed.

If you don't mind my questions getting even more pointed, how does this affect Chalana Arroy?

For some reason back in RQIII days CA worshippers used to be able to become sorcerers without any penalty, as long as they were pacifist sorcerers.

And believe it or not, I've got a sorcery-dabbling White Healer in my Pavis game.

I've been running the sorcery fears as culturally based rather than deity based, with the need to keep sorcerous activities secret from the Most Merciful High Priestess of the Pavis temple, but not having to worry about hiding it from CA herself in worship ceremonies.

The Most Merciful is a Heortling expatriate, and Chalana Arroy is not.

Thoughts?