update: Jeff loses an apendix ritual (Re: Jeff Kyer Hospitalised)

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:24:59 -0000

I eventually got the right phone number, and yes there is a phone in Jeff's room, and I talked to him.

He is doing well, considering that he just had his appendix out and that the hospital gave him less than sterling service (elapsed time between the doctor looking at the X-ray and saying "this looks serious, we should operate right away" and Jeff finally getting operated on was in excess of twelve hours).

And his father is there now, and Jeff wisely grabbed his book of Norse myths on his way to the hospital, so he has something to distract him for the couple of days that he expects to be there under observation.

For those who are interested, he is at:

room 507
Humber River Regional Hospital
2111 Finch Avenue West