Re: Malkioni conversion

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:46:37 -0000

I was just wondering about this same thing. Specifically, with regard to how much of the nobility in southern Heortland has switched over to worship of St Aeolus. I'd been under the impression from previous discussions on this list that you were more or less born to be theistic or anamist or sorcerous--that if it wasn't inate in your soul it was certainly set after you first joined one sort of practice. That would suggest that the converts suffered penalties for the rest of their lives!

Now, granted, in sorcerous communities most people don't do magic directly. Perhaps it is that, once you've converted, your worship is as good as anyone elses, and the blessings work as well on you as on the rest of the congregation, and the wizard's spells work as well on you as on anyone else. You just wouldn't make a good liturgist. This would suggest that in fact it is far easier for people to convert to the community based worship or sorcerous society than to convert to theistic or anamist practices.

--Bryan