Thanks for the well-wishes! (Re: Jeff Kyer Hospitalised)

From: melstra_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 23:47:31 -0000

Bravo! Jeff would approve of your thinking. I think the best get-well gift for him is probably a few days of nice, polite, quiet list-banter. :) [Though I'm not holding my breath!]

I'm sure Jeff would want me to thank all of you for your kind words and encouragement. I was very impressed to see how everyone had rallied round for him and he will really appreciate reading your messages when he's well enough to sit at a keyboard (which will be awhile if *I* have any say in the matter). It is always amazing to see how "mere" cyber-acquaintances can share such a powerful bond...but then again, I suspect the power of HW has a bit to do with that.

To update fellow clansmen, I have talked to Jeff twice today and will probably be rushing to his side for the weekend, so I can convey messages if you wish to send them to me off-list. Ironically, I had to sign up as a member of the list in order to post this thank-you note and that meant, of course, waiting for receipt of a 'welcome' letter from Jeff. Ah the wonders of auto-response.

Thanks again for your support-- Merci, Danke, Grazie, Kiitos, etc.

In spirit, truth, and devotion to the game and its players, -Melanie (Jeff's private linguist and source for the feminine perspective...)