Re: Re: The Dundealos

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:32:41 +0100

Gianfranco Geroldi:

>Maybe I uncorrectly assume that the fleeing section of the tribe was
>composed also of children and women. I doubt such a refugee band could
>outrun a determined military pursue, even with mobility affinity.

I don't think it would be just one band of refugees, there would be many small groups setting off in almost as many directions. Splitting the strike force to pursue all of these ragtag escapees wouldn't seem worth the effort to the lunar command.

>If the section fleeing to Prax (on the other side) is composed largely of
>men (those escaped from the battle, those who didn't convert and those who
>didn't choose to flee South, i.e. the best road for the warriors who desire
>to fight again)

I think even the best route to Prax is to go south first, perhaps hole up in the area around Barbarian Town a little while, and _then_ head east. I agree that if you want to fight again, and soon, you would try to hook up with Broyan of the Volsaxi, but this is not problem-free. You can't go around the mountains by the north pass, for obvious reasons (well, maybe small groups travelling covertly could make it). Going straight over the mountains is a bad idea because there's the Troll Woods and the Footprint on the other side (assuming you can scale or fly over the mountains in the first place). So as you imply, the long way around by heading south first seems the most reasonable. The only trick is getting through the southern, malkionized parts of Heortland to reach Volsaxi territory. The knights might not be overly enthusiastic about large groups of armed Orlanthi tromping about in their lands.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg