Jonatan Trollsbane

From: Peter Nordstrand <doctorpeace_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:31:58 +0100 (CET)

David Boatright:

>>> Agent Phelpus. Jonaton Trollbane is
>>> the current tribal king of the Aranwyth.

>>No. He is not. He is the tribal warlord, Humakti,
and
>>a famous warrior. Ilgalad Trollfriend (a devotee of
>>Elmal) is the tribal king (and I strongly doubt that
>>he really is friendly with the trolls, even though
he
>>accepts gifts from the Sazdorfs every year).

> My campaign was set (soon to restart) before
> Starbrows rebellion. According to Haunted ruins
> Jonaton Trollsbane was king at around
> this time.

     "To the south are the Aranwyth [...]. The
     tribal warlord is Jonatan Trollsbane, a
     famous warrior who claims he will destroy
     the trolls in Battle Valley the day his king
     so commands.

     "But the Aranwyth king is patient, for each
     winter Lagor of the Sazdorf brings valuable
     gifts of friendship from the trolls. And each
     time the king sees the tall warriors approach,
     he is doubly glad not to be an enemy.

     "The Humakti temple, where Jonatan
     Trollsbane often attends services, is regularly
     visited by the troll Humakti."

     -- Haunted Ruins, p 7

The name of the Tribal King comes from an old post by Roderick Robertson, stating the following about the Aranwyth:

Location: east of Jonstown
Claim to Fame: horse traders and Elmal worshippers King: Ilgalad Trollfriend, charming devotee of Elmal Rex
Goal: prosperity
Value: tradition
Lunar Relations: 0
# of Clans: 7
Population: 7500
Wealth: 14
Alliance: Swenstown Confederation

/Peter Nordstrand

By the way, I have begun re-reading my old math book from fourth grade. I am confident that I will learn to count to ten before the end of the year. Wish me luck!

Do You Yahoo!?
Ditt_namn_at_... - skaffa en gratis mailadress p� http://mail.yahoo.se