RE: Why should barbarians get all the poetry....

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 02:25:51 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Gareth Martin wrote:

<snip>
> moment they are the Big Bad Oppressors, and it's difficult to find music or
> poetry that glorifies the role of conqueror and persecutor. Of course the
> Lunars themselves are the heirs of a kind of Renaissance, and I'm sure that
> in their view their actions are whiter than white...

Ah, but one can always play the majestetic and somewhat sinister orchestra track from Star Wars - the Empire Strikes Back... well, basically the imperial airs.

The conflict is somewhat similar anyhow. Do some people honestly see the Empire (in Star Wars) as any more evil than the Lunars.

The leadership may be on infirm moral ground, but the soldiers and generals are trying to keep order in an unruly universe and put down a rebellion.

Good music theme for HW, I think.

        -Adept