Re: Aranwyth origins

From: Peter Nordstrand <doctorpeace_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:23:21 +0100 (CET)

Me:

>> As a matter of fact, the Aranwyth intrigue me. From >> where do they originate?

Peter Metcalfe:
> I don't see any problem with Elmali in the Holy
Country.

Neither do I.

> And Aranwyth transhumance is probably an adaptation
> the land they inhabit (this is no good for crops,
> let's herd sheep instead) rather than a aeon-old
> tradition.

This seems like a reasonable (and simple) explanation. Thanx!

I assume that the word 'transhumance' has something to do with human movement, and is another word for semi-nomadic. Is that correct?

/Peter Nordstrand
Who cannot find 'transhumance' in any of his english or swedish dictionaries. (BTW, I can now count to three already.)

Do You Yahoo!?
Ditt_namn_at_... - skaffa en gratis mailadress p� http://mail.yahoo.se