RE: Re: The Dundealos

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:51:07 -0000

> How's he gonna stop them? Sure the Lunar soldiery can raze
> every stead
> and confiscate every cow they come across, but how would they prevent
> refugee Orlanthi from dispersing into the countryside and
> making their
> way anywhere they please (except north, perhaps)? I don't

By denying them food. Given the difficulty of preserving foodstuffs, such a band or renegades would need to raid to eat. There is a term for such bands: outlaws. They don't need to track down everyone and put them to the sword - in short order, lack of food and other necessities while destroy their cohesion and dissolve them as an effective force.