Re: Heortling Mills, Thundermills

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:57:06 -0000

[Bryan Thexton writes upon the mill topic.]
> Even passing up on the gearing issue, I like the vertical axis
> primitive windmill better, but I think that amounts to a YGMV type
> situation (barring that an official adventure occurs in/around a
> windmill so has to settle on what it looks like). Heck, for that
> matter there may be more than one type used even within Heortland.
I like the idea of multiple types in use. Of course, this leads to the idea that different clans' windmill technology is as closely held a secret as, say, different clans' myths.

> One thing I'd watch out for in the association of a slinging god
> with wheels, gears, and mechanical advantage, is that some too-
> clever player is going to try and find a way to combine all these
> ideas into catapults!

(Pictures a giant trebuchet flinging a burning piano onto a neighbor's tula...)

Roland