Re: [HeroWars]Ducks, Duck and....More Ducks

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:15:26 EST

In a message dated 3/20/01 5:50:40PM, you write:

<< Personally, I refuse to be offended by art. Were it not for the fact  that the picture discussion is displacing my beloved windmill thread,  I wouldn't have felt it necessary to say anything at all.

 Roland

I am personally more interested in bikini clad ducks than windmills. That said, I do prefer the Anaxial 'realistic' duck to the Donald Duck style Duck. Other duck styles not mentions might include the Wallace and Grommit villian from the Wrong Trousers, Dymphna Duck, the Ugly Duckling, and various other ducks from childrens storie. I love the rumour that Ducks were created by Delecti as a Cut&Stitch creation. This appeals to the gruesome side of me and can reduce the cartoon/silly associations. I actually makes them quite scary.

I generally like most fantasy art cliches about semi nude warrior women EXCEPT high heels. High heels are such a silly thing, both in terms of technology (what sort of barbarian culture has enough hard surface to make high heels practical?) and in terms of practicality (what sort of warriors would wear something that they couldn't walk properly in). Otherwise, the semi-nudity is fine, the posing isfine and the lack of armour is seen in both sexes. I own a copy of the Macho Women With Guns RPG.

Keith Nellist

Keith Nellist