RE: Re: Pics

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:46:35 +1200

At 10:18 21/03/01 +0000, you wrote:

> > >Is cheesecake art?
> >
> > Under what definition is it not?

>The fact that we refer to is as cheesecake, rather than art?

That's not a definition that excludes cheesecake from being art.

>Is Big Jugs Monthly is art? Me, I doubt it.

Not having read Big Jugs Monthly, I have to defer to your comprehensive examination of the artistic merits of that publication. But arguing that the picture of the Selvan Harana cultist is not art because of the content of Big Jugs Monthly is not persuasive. Nor is it particularly relevant to this forum (the point that my original rhetorical question failed to make).

--Peter Metcalfe